10 Jun How to Apply for Schengen Visa from India
If you plan to go to Schengen, you must know that it is a zone in the European Union where 26 countries are included. These 26 countries follow a standard visa policy. The visa process is like other countries. Thus, you need to plan your trip accordingly and apply for the type of visa depending upon the purpose of your journey, the duration, or, most importantly, how many countries you will be covering.
Type of Schengen Visa from India
There are several types of Schengen visas that we get from India. You can select the visa type according to your need but make sure you apply for the visa six months or at least 15 days (about two weeks) before your trip. Different types of Schengen visa from India include:
1. Tourist Visas
If you want to travel to the Schengen region as a tourist for sightseeing and exploration, then you must apply for this visa. You need bank’s details and statements for a tourist visa, preferably for the last six months. And if you don’t have a bank statement, you can attach an affidavit of support signed by the sponsor.
2. Visitor Visas
If you have family or friends who reside in the Schengen region or who are EU/EEA citizens, you must apply for a visitor Schengen visa. For that, you need to have a guarantee form from your friend and relative.
3. Business Visas
Business visa is given when you submit a detailed letter of invitation from your company. In that, you need to mention how long you are working together, the purpose of your business trip, the duration of the journey, and who will bear the financial responsibility, etc.
4. Medical Visas
When you need a medical visa to visit Schengen, then you need to show a medical certificate from your doctor or hospital mentioning that you must seek medical treatment in Schengen region.
5. Student Visas
When visiting abroad for study purposes, you will need application forms, a letter of acceptance, and proof of financial status like affidavit of support, bank statements, etc.
6. Visas for Official Visits
Let us suppose you need a visa for your official visit. In that case, you should clarify your purpose of the visit, supported by proper documentation. Whether you are visiting for consultations, business negotiations, exchange programs, or any other similar event organized in Schengen region, you need to provide a proof to get your visa.
7. Cultural Exchange Visas
If you intend to travel to the Schengen region for filming, religious, sporting, or cultural events, then you must select Cultural Exchange Visa. This sort of visa is often provided for the same period of time necessary to finish the event, program, training, or competition. Other con conditions may apply depending on your purpose for traveling.
8. Transit Visas
A transit visa is a short-term visa that is exclusively given to people who want to travel between Schengen nations and their final destination.
How Much Does Schengen Visa Cost from India?
|Schengen Visa Category||Fees in INR||Fees in EURO
|Children 12-18||7138(approx.)||Euro 80|
|Children 6-12||3569(approx.)||Euro 40|
|Children below 6||free||free|
Documents Required for Schengen Visa from India
When you plan to apply for a Schengen visa from India, you will need some documents. Let’s check what documents you will need.
- Application form: For Schengen visa, you need an application form with all your details mentioned in the application form. Make sure all the details are correctly mentioned.
- Indian Passport: You would need your valid Indian passport along with a copy of your passport, which should have three months of validity from the date you leave the Schengen area. And you should have at least two empty pages on your passport.
- Photographs: It would help if you had a few recent photos, as they will be used in this process, but make sure they should be at least six months old pictures.
- Proof of Accommodation: Where will you stay after you visit Schengen country? You must provide proof of your accommodation before your trip. So, make your hotel booking in advance, or if you are staying at someone’s place, you should give evidence.
- Flight Tickets: After your tickets are booked for going and coming back, submit that as well, and if you have internal flights, you have to show them also.
- Travel Health Insurance: To visit Schengen country, you must have travel health insurance for EUR 30000 in Indian rupees 2675643.48 for unexpected injury or illness.
- Proof of Paid Visa Fee: For the easy process of your application, you should attach the receipt of the visa fee so that your application will proceed.
- Travel History (if any): If you have any history of Schengen travel, you should mention it in your application.
- Birth Certificate (if minor): If you travel as a minor, you need your birth certificate and parental consent. If you are traveling alone, you would need parental consent from both the parents and legal guardian
- Financial Documents: You will need your financial documents, with funds adequate to support you during your stay. The statement should be the latest statements that not older than six months.
How to Apply for Schengen Visa from India?
The process of getting a Schengen visa is easy. If you want to get a Schengen visa, then you need to follow these steps. Let’s discuss the steps for the visa process in detail.
1. Firstly, decide on the Visa type. As discussed above, check the requirement and select the visa type before applying.
2. Check the website of the Schengen Embassy for visa application forms and complete the details on the form and submit it. But before submitting, please check if all the information is correct.
3. If you are traveling to one country, you need to submit your application form to that country’s embassy, but if you plan to go to more than one country, you need to apply to the country where you will stay or your first travel destination.
4. After submitting your application, book an appointment for visa processing.
5. Once the interview is done, collect your passport.
6. Your visa process will take up to 15 working days, so plan your application before your trip.
You can easily apply for a Schengen visa from India if you follow our guide to a Schengen visa from India. If you still need assistance, contact a reliable immigration consultant in Mohali!!