22 Dec Common Reasons for Visa Rejection or Refusal
Visa is one of the most important documents for students who want to travel to other countries in order to grow in their respective fields. Visa basically serves as a foreigner’s entry pass into a foreign country.
Here, the entire process is not just about the visa; it also includes other documents like a passport, and proof of return. If something doesn’t seem right to the visa officers, there are high chances for your visa to get rejected.
Why is My Visa Rejected?
Many international students are left wondering when their visa gets rejected. The reasons for the rejection vary from case to case, but in general, there are two main reasons for a visa rejection.
- The first case is the refusal of a visa application after administrative processing. This type of refusal is due to minor errors in the process.
- The second type is when a visa application is refused at the border or when an applicant has been refused entry to Canada or any other country. This type of refusal can be for a number of reasons, including security concerns or criminal inadmissibility.
What are the Common Reasons for a Visa Rejection?
It is important to know that there are different types of visas, and each one has its own requirements and benefits. For example, if you want to visit a country for tourism purposes, you will need a tourist visa. But if you want to work in that country, then you will need an employment visa or work permit instead.
The common reasons for a visa rejection or refusal are:
- You might not meet the requirements for a specific type of visa.
- At times, your passport or travel documents are not valid.
- You have fewer educational qualifications compared to the visa requirements you have applied for.
- The work profile or the educational course for which you are applying may not be available in the country.
- Also, as an applicant, you have been refused entry to Canada in the past.
- You may have been involved in criminal or illegal activity.
- Another reason could be that you are from a family with a criminal history or background.
Visa rejection or refusal is a common issue for international students. Here, it is important to understand the reasons behind it and how to avoid it in the future.
You need to be clear on this point: that a visa denial is not just about a person’s nationality or country of residence, it also mainly includes other factors like criminal records, lack of finances, previous immigration violations, and more.
Why is Canada Attracting More Students ?
Canada, in particular, is a country known for its welcoming and open-minded culture, and it is where most foreigners choose to stay. Also, it is ranked as the best country in the world for quality of life it offers.
Canada offers many opportunities for students who are looking to study abroad. All the Canadian universities are among the best in the world and provide a wide variety of programmes to suit any student’s needs. Canada also provides affordable tuition fees and living costs, making it an excellent choice for students who want to study abroad on a budget.
However, the Canadian student visa will be denied if the terms of the country’s immigration policy are not followed correctly. One of the most common reasons for a Canadian student visa rejection is that the applicant has failed to demonstrate that they will leave Canada at the end of their studies or work permit.
Let us have a look at a few more reasons for the Canadian student visa rejection.
Canadian Student Visa Rejection Reasons
The Canadian student visa rejection is not a new thing. A lot of students from all over the world have been rejected visa by the Canadian administration in the past.
Anyway, a rejection letter from the Canadian immigration department does not always mean that you can’t study in Canada. The reasons for a visa rejection can be different in each case and vary.
Before analysing the reasons for Canadian student visa rejection let us have a look on the essential documents that to be submitted for visa approval. Because any small negligence or mistake in these documents’ submission will definitely lead for the visa rejection.
Documents required for visa approval
1. You should be at least 18 years old to apply for a Canadian Visa.
2. Then, you need to submit an application form and provide some supporting documents as well. The supporting documents usually include your passport, IELTS certificate, birth certificate, academic certificates, bank statements, etc.
3. The academic certificates are required when you want to study in Canada, as they show your educational background and make sure that you can handle the coursework at your desired school.
4. You also need to show your financial status by providing bank statements or other proofs of funds to prove that you can pay for your tuition fees and living expenses while studying in Canada.
If you fail to submit any of the above-mentioned required documents or if there are any errors in the documents, then, your Canadian student visa will be rejected, and sometimes the rejection will be for a permanent period without any retrieval.
If you are an international student, you will have to apply for a visa to study in Canada. If you are lucky, your visa will be granted after all the verification and processing. But if not, there are many reasons why it could be refused, as discussed above.
After reading the above information, if you feel stressed about the prospect of visa rejection and hesitate to move forward for claiming your visa, Immivoyage could be your immediate saviour. We at immivoyage have a visa expert in Mohali who can guide you down the right path and remove the fear of your visa being rejected.